1. WHO WE ARE
Chalés do Tejo - Actividades Turísticas, Lda., operates in the tourism industry and has its head office at Estrada Nacional nº 118, Km 62 - Porto do Sabugueiro, 2125-345 - Muge, Portugal, Legal Person nº 516609718, hereinafter referred to as Chalés do Tejo, is a company in the tourism sector that provides accommodation services.
We process your personal data as co-responsible for the processing and protection of your data.
Email address of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
2. WHY WE USE YOUR DATA
We are authorised to process your data for different reasons. The main one is that we need to process it for the performance of the contract you agree to celebrate with us when making a booking or even to access one of our services or functionalities. However, there are other reasons why we are legitimised to use it, such as our interest in providing you with answers to your questions.
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, i.e. depending on the services, products or functionalities you wish to use, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1. To handle the requests or orders you make through the Customer Support channels.
We only process personal data that is strictly necessary to manage or process your request or order.
2.2 For marketing purposes. This purpose includes the processing of your data mainly for:
- When you consent to receive news and communications from Chalés do Tejo we will process your personal data to manage that request, including sending you personalised information about our products or services by various methods (such as email, MMS or SMS).
- In this case, please note that this data processing does not involve any analysis of your user or customer profile to determine your preferences and, therefore, which products and services are best suited to your style when we send you information.
- Please note that you can request to cancel this service at any time and free of charge by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To carry out promotional activities (for example, to organise events, contests or to send your list of saved items to the email address you provide).
- By taking part in any promotional activity, you authorise us to process the data you have made available to us for each promotional activity and to communicate it to you through various channels such as social networks or on the Platform itself. In each promotional activity you participate, you will find the terms and conditions where we will provide you with more detailed information on the processing of your personal data.
- We would like to inform you that your personal data for these purposes will be kept for 10 years after you have given your consent and you can request the deletion of your data, as mentioned above, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
2.3 Functionality and quality analysis to improve our services:
When you access our Platform/website, we inform you that we will NOT process your browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes, i.e. to understand how users interact with our Platform and therefore for us to be able to improve it. Furthermore, on certain occasions WE MAY carry out actions and quality surveys aimed at finding out the level of satisfaction of our customers and users and to detect areas where we can improve. However, you will be informed of any processing of your personal data.
3. WHAT DATA WE USE
Depending on the purposes for which we process your data at any given time, as explained above, we need to process one or other data which, in general, will be the following, as appropriate:
- Your identification data (e.g. your name, address, tax number, contact details, etc.)
- Economic and transactional information (e.g. your financial details if you wish to apply for financing to acquire our products)
- Comercial information
- Data on your tastes and preferences
- Please note that when we ask you to fill in your personal data to give you access to a feature or service on the Platform we will mark some fields as mandatory, as this is the data we need to be able to offer you the service or provide you with access to the service in question.. Please note that if you decide to not provide this information, you may not be able to complete your registration as a user or you may not be able to use these services or functionalities.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We will share your data with service providers who assist or support us, whether they are Chalés do Tejo's own companies or external collaborators with whom we have signed an agreement and may be located in Portugal or abroad.
- Financial institutions
- Technology service providers
- Logistics, transport and delivery service providers and collaborators
- Providers of services related to customer support
- Partners and service providers related to marketing and advertising
- For reasons of service efficiency, some of the providers may not belong to Chalés do Tejo but they are all located in the European Economic Area. We inform you that when we transfer your data to third parties we safeguard it with adequate guarantees and always maintaining the security of your data.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your personal data. In certain cases, you also have other rights, such as the right to object to our use of your data or the right to carry it, as explained in detail below. Futhermore, you can request the deletion of your personal data at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to honouring the confidentiality of your personal data and guaranteeing that you can exercise your rights. We have determined that you can exercise your rights free of charge by writing to us at the e-mail address email@example.com, simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right you wish to exercise. If we deem it necessary in order to identify you, we may request a copy of an identification document.
Regardless of the purpose or legal basis for which we process your data, you have the right to:
- To request access to the data we hold on you.
- To request that we rectify the data we already hold on you.
- Request that we delete your data that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to continue processing it, as explained above, or when we are no longer legally authorised to process it.
- Request that we cancel or limit the processing of your data, which means that in certain cases you can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of your data or to keep it longer than necessary when you need it.
- If you have provided us with your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw it at any time by sending us this request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When our legitimacy for processing your data is your consent or the honouring of the contract, as explained above, you will also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, so that you can transmit it directly to another organisation without any hindrance from us.
On the other hand, when the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Finally, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Supervisory Authority based on Av. D. Carlos I, 134 – 1.º 1200-651 Lisboa. Telefone: 213 928 400 – Fax: 213 976 832 – e-mail: email@example.com.
The legal basis that allows us to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process it, as explained in the following table:
6.1 Managing your registration as a user of the site/platform:
The processing of your data is necessary in accordance with the terms regulating the use of the Platform. In other words, in order to make a contact request on the Platform/website, we need to process your personal data, otherwise we would not be able to manage your registration or process your requests.
In case you decide to use our website through a social network, the reason wherefore we are legitimate to process your data is the consent you grant at the time of authorizing the transfer of your data through the social network or website.
6.2. Development, fulfilment and performance of the purchase and sale agreement or services contract:
The processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the contract of purchase and sale or provision of services agrrement.
Some data processing related to the purchase process will only be activated because you request or authorize it, such as the storage of payment data (accounting documents) in order for you obtain financing. In these cases, the basis for processing your data is your own consent. We consider that we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the necessary checks to detect and prevent possible fraud when you make a purchase. We believe that processing this data is positive for all parties involved when making a payment for a purchase, and in particular for you, as it allows us to take measures to protect you against fraud attempts by third parties.
6.3. Customer Service
We believe that we have a legitimate interest in answering to your requests or questions through the various methods of contact.
We understand that the processing of this data is also beneficial for you, as it allows us to assist you properly and not only answer to requests made, but also to make satisfaction surveys and even to present products that may meet your needs.
When you contact us, in particular for the management of incidents related to your order or the product/service purchased through our website/platform, the processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the contract of purchase and sale, as well as the pre-conditions which comes from your consent.
When your request is related to the exercise of the rights that we inform you about below or with complaints related to our products or services, the fulfillment of our legal obligations is what legitimizes us to process your data.
The basis of legitimacy to process your data for marketing purposes is the consent you freely grant us, for example, when you accept to receive personalized information through various channels and when you accept these terms and conditions.
7. DATA STORAGE PERIOD
The retention period of your data will depend on the purposes for which we process it, as explained below:
7.1. We will process your data for as long as you remain a registered user (that is, until you decide to cancel your registration).
7.2. We will process your data for the time necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services you have acquired, including possible returns or complaints associated with the purchase of a particular product or service whereby we have established a period of 3 years.
7.3. We will process your data for as long as necessary to fulfil your request or order.
7.4. We will process your data until you cancel your subscription or request the deletion of your data by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request the deletion of your data related to newsletters. However, if you do not do so, we keep your personal data for this purpose for 10 years.
Regardless of whether we process your personal data for as long as strictly necessary to fulfil the corresponding purpose, we will subsequently keep them properly stored and protected during the time that responsibilities may arise and complying with the actural legislation at any time. When each of the possible actions prescribes, we will delete the personal data.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
We may use technologies such as "cookies" to record session information, collect visits and access details of our website which allows us to continue to improve our services and provide better and more useful resources to our users.
8.1. What are cookies?
If in your browser software of your device you have accepted the storage of cookies, then the cookies integrated into the pages and content you have consulted may be temporarily stored in a specific place on your device and they will only be legible to the sender of the cookies.
The registration of a cookie on your terminal depends on your choice. You may at any time choose to modify your choice freely through the options provided by your browser software.
8.3. Why should you accept cookies?
When you visit the http://www.chalesdotejo.pt/ website, these cookies will record certain information that is stored on your device. This information is essential to guarantee the functionalities provided and is used to offer you products based on the items you have already selected during your previous visits, so that you can benefit from a better browsing experience on our website.